Friday, March 4, 2011

Going Green

I don't know about you but sometimes I find it REALLY hard to get all of my leafy greens in each day.  

Oh, you don't find that difficult?  

Yeah right!  

I think we all do at one time or another.   

So, about a year and half ago I had someone introduce me to the Green Smoothie.  I was terrified because it looked like SLIME and I figured it tasted about as good.  The weird thing is I'm a total vegetable lover - i mean I don't discriminate, I like them all.  Even the oh-so-underestimated brussel sprout.  

I tried it anyway.  I was like two seconds away from plugging my nose and doing the down-the-hatch thing but thought better of it.  


I didn't want to be rude.  


Of course, my facial expression, which I'm guessing looked something like this:



totally wasn't rude at all.  
Right?

But then something happened....it was delicious!  

Ok, ok, let's get to the point.  

I now love them and I'm going to show you how I make one of your very own.
PS - to make this even MORE appealing I will add that even HUSBAND likes them!  
Also, I'm totally not a nutritionist or anything but I'm pretty sure this is good for you and it's yummy.  

Here's what you need:

This week I'm using Kale but I've used spinach or even collard greens.  Really, any leafy green you like.  Then you want frozen, unsweetened, fruit. I like mixed berries, strawberries or peaches.  Fresh lime juice, flax seed, banana and juice.  This is my first time with the Trop50.  I like it because it's just juice no added sugar or artificial sweeteners.  

- 3 to 4 giant handfuls of greens
- 1 cup juice
- 2 T lime juice
- 2 T flax seed
- 1 medium banana
- handful frozen fruit
Add water as needed for it to blend 
This is enough for two glasses so you can share or drink the whole thing yourself. 

Blend until smooth!

That's it!  It might look something like this:



Don't you feel better about yourself already?!

HAPPY FRIDAY!


   

2 comments:

  1. I do this too! I add a TON of frozen raw veggies to mine as well :)

    ReplyDelete