Friday, November 18, 2011

A Little Fall Decor


I spent some time in the past week trying to get my house feeling festive.


We are hosting Thanksgiving here this year (yay!) and then having a party with some of our best friends-from-away the following day!  I wanted to make the best use out of the fireplace (even though we never actually have fires in it)


Again, sorry for my crappy pictures.  Let's hope Ad & I get a fancy schmancy new digital camera like this.......






















for Christmas!  Fingers crossed!










I got the FREE printable 'Give Thanks' banner from the lovely At Second Street and printed it right at home on some orange/mustard card stock.


I tried to get a nice picture of my little yarn wrapped wreath but my phone camera was being poopy.  SHOCKING!  Anyway, I just grabbed a wreath at the dollar store and used some leftover mustard yarn I had to wrap it up.  I added a maroon bow and glued it on.  Came out pretty cute. 

Fun Fact: I was trying to see where it looked best and realized the yarn just stuck right to the brick so it's pretty much just floating up there.









This ADORABLE printable came from Barn Owl Primitives via Thirty Handmade Days.




I made this little leaf ball with two styrofoam 1/2 rounds.  I glued them together, covered the bottom in orange felt then pinned in a bunch of these fall leaves.  I found a bunch leftover from a project last year.  Pretty cute, right?!




















Those cute candles are Mulled Cider scented and the perfect color to add to the mantle!  They smell YUMMY! 













































I made this wreath last night using some quilting fabric, from one of those jelly roll bundles.  I purchased the jelly roll like two years ago so I figured it was safe to say I wasn't going to be busting out a fabulous quilt anytime soon.  AND the colors were perfectly fall.   



















I tore the long pieces of fabric in half lengthwise to create a ragged look.  I clipped them into roughly 4 to 6 inch segments and tied them onto this grapevine wreath at various places.  I concentrated the greatest amount of ties in the bottom right corner and thinned them as I moved out. 




















Lastly, I made a little fabric rosette out of the yellow color and glued a mini clothespin to the back of it for easy clipping & un-clipping!  

Has anyone else done some fall decorating?  Hope you all have a GREAT weekend! 

Cheers!


Be sure to stop by Little Miss Momma for a HUGE GIVEAWAY!  She is giving away a Silhouette Cameo to one lucky person.....hopefully me! :)

post signature


Linking up here....

monogramTickled Pink at 504 Main





No comments:

Post a Comment